For me, I'll focus mainly on MERN stack: MongoDB, Express, React, Node.
Here's what I've learned:
- ES5 vs ES6 vs ECMAScript 2015 vs All The Versions: Babel Transpilie-Down
- var vs let vs const
- Promise to be good! Or else face callback hell.
- The Paradigm of Event-Driven Programming
- Difference between node, nvm, npm, npx
- npm install local vs global (prefer npx if possible)
- package.json vs package-lock.json
- Loose vs Strict Equality
Building a MERN-Stack App From Scratch
- Requirements, MVP, and Project Planning (ToDo App)
- Setting up development environment: download MongoDB community version, use nvm to install node/npm and get access to create-react-app and express.
- Stand up a bare bones app
- Setting up version control (link to GIT portions)
- Unit testing
- Data Modeling
- API Design
- Web Client
- Setup test/production environment and deployment (CI/CD) (totally optional) (buying a domain)
- Containers and Docker?
- Deploying to Digital Ocean or AWS
- Logging (ELK/EFK)